Session #2: Smart City Water Meters – Thinking Past the Read!
Expires Wednesday July 8, 2020
Overview of OTJ Session #2:
Water and sewer rates are revenue generating… but what if you were able think past the meter. What if a water meter could help the utility be proactive with customer complaints? What if you could obtain the gold standard of “one call resolution”? And, what if you could use water meter data to assist in understanding what is happening within your system and better understand where to deploy assets? What if?
At the completion of this one-hour OJT session, participants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- How to respond to a customer water billing dispute
- How meters measure consumption
- Various meter reading options from touch read to radio read (walk, drive by, fixed based and cellular)
- Alarm features and analytics that can be used to help the utility with KPIs
- Customer access to their own meter data including notification
Gareth Price, C.E.T.
Our workshop facilitator is Gareth Price, C.E.T.. As a Certified Engineering Technologist, Gareth has worked in the water industry for 15 years advancing smart metering solutions for utilities and municipalities since 2016. He is a knowledgeable partner with utility customers searching for technologically dynamic solutions to their present-day challenges.