Manager of Environmental Services
Job Posting: 28-2020 Posted: June 23, 2020
• Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure and Development Services, the Manager of Environmental Services is responsible to plan, manage and oversee the supply and delivery of drinking water and collection of waste water and prepare environmental documentations for water resources, monitor regulatory program compliance, manage the administration and billing of municipal water, and represent the Corporation on Industrial and Government committees.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the water division and the drinking water quality management system including, staff performance and training, facility/system maintenance, planning, budgeting, reporting, water usage and billing, and customer relations.
• Manage all infrastructure related activities for the wastewater collection system in accordance with Ministry of Environment and Climate Change (MOECC).
• Oversee the monitoring and control of facilities and systems related to water delivery including pumps, SCADA, treatment process, storage and distribution for quality and legislative compliance.
• Design and monitor water-quality testing both chemical and bacterial ensuring all stakeholder (public, health unit and Ministry of Environment and Climate Change) water-quality issues are addressed.
• Oversee municipal well maintenance and source water (ground) protection.
• Represent the Corporation and act as subject-matter expert, conduct research, provide advice, recommendations, reports and presentations relating to water quality to all levels of government and external Industrial boards and committees.
• Perform role in accordance with duties of supervisors outlined in Section 27 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Problem Sensitivity/Resolution.
• Graduate of a 4-year University degree program in Engineering or a related field and registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with the Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) or licensed to operate Class 3 water system and Class 2 wastewater systems in Ontario with a 3 year Community College Diploma in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
• Minimum 5 years related professional experience.
• Experience with confined space and speciality equipment training.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Ministry of Environment Conservation and Parks Regulations.
• Excellent written and oral comprehension and expression.
• Deductive Reasoning or Data Analysis
Infrastructure & Development Services/Environmental Services
Reporting to Director of Infrastructure & Development Services
Closing Date/Time: Tuesday July 14, 2020 at 4:30pm
To apply for this position:
• Please submit a resume, clearly outlining your qualifications and experience, and quoting the job posting number.
• Applications can be submitted by email to email@example.com. Please do not submit duplicates.
• Please include the Job Posting Number in the message subject line. Attachments should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Accommodations are available for people with disabilities for all aspects of the recruitment process. Applicants should make their needs known in advance.
|Job Category||Manager, Technical Services|