Water Works Operator 1 (2)
Infrastructure Services Department
(Two opportunities: One permanent full-time position, and a fourteen-month contract position; both positions offer 40 hours per week)
The Town of Orangeville has two opportunities available for the position of Water Works Operator 1. One position is on a permanent full-time basis, and the other position shall be a fourteen (14) month contact, beginning on April 5, 2021. These positions will be assisting with the operation and maintenance of the Town’s water supply and distribution systems.
• Performing maintenance on water mains, valves, and hydrants in the water distribution system; assisting with maintenance on pumps, valves, and other equipment in the water supply system.
• Collecting operating data for compilation, review and analysis; collecting water samples for microbiological and chemical testing to ensure compliance with regulations.
•Assisting with keeping pump house structures, outside grounds and landscaping clean and properly maintained.
Other duties as assigned.
• Secondary School Diploma.
• Drinking-Water Operator Certificate, Water Distribution and Supply Subsystem Class 1, and a Water Treatment Subsystem Class 1.
• One to two years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of water supply, treatment and distribution systems.
• Have a current and valid Class G driver’s licence. A current and valid Class DZ driver’s licence is an asset.
• Thorough understanding of the requirements of the applicable regulations that pertain to the operation and maintenance of water supply, water treatment and water distribution systems.
• Must reside in a location not more than thirty (30) minutes driving distance from the Operations Centre in order to be able to respond to alarms and other emergency situations; must be available for, and respond to emergency calls relating to the operation of the water supply, treatment and distribution systems during evenings and weekends in accordance with an on-call rotation schedule.
Hourly Range: $29.77 to $34.84, Band 7 on the Town’s 2021 Pay Grid, plus benefits.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Sarah Alexander, Human Resources Assistant, no later than 4 p.m. on Wednesday, March 10, 2021. Applications may be submitted online, or in person to the Town Hall located at 87 Broadway. Applicants should indicate whether they are applying for the contract position or the permanent full-time position.
The Town of Orangeville is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. By submitting your personal information to the Town of Orangeville, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes. Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c.25, as amended, and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Town of Orangeville. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.
|Job Category||Waterworks operator|