WATER/WASTEWATER OPERATOR – Level 2
The Town of Wasaga Beach is seeking an energetic and self-motivated professional to perform the duties and responsibilities of the Water/WasteWater Operator.
General Responsibilities: The Water/Wastewater Operator will be responsible for assisting in the day to day operation and maintenance of the: Municipal Wastewater Collection System; Water Distribution System; Water Meter Installation and Maintenance Program; and all other duties currently performed by Water and Sewer Staff or that may be required as a result of Ministry Inspections and/or changes in legislation.
• OSSD or equivalent combination of education;
• Class II Certification for Water Distribution and Class I Certification for Wastewater Collection;
• Previous experience in water distribution and wastewater collection systems;
• Knowledge of water distribution operations and legislative requirements as they pertain to a Drinking Water system;
• Ability to interpret utility and servicing plans;
• Completes and maintains all daily legislative and non-legislative records as they pertain to the Distribution and Collection Systems;
• Proficient in Windows, Outlook and Microsoft Office applications;
• Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Possess and maintain a valid Class “D” License with “Z” Endorsement or be willing to obtain within six (6) months of hire;
• Be physically able to perform the physical requirements of the position with the ability of heavy lifting and withstand extreme weather conditions; support winter operations, as necessary, including but not limited to plowing, sanding or salting operations;
• Availability to work overtime and for emergency work and being on-call;
• Knowledge and understanding of, and ability to apply, relevant safety policies, standards and legislation (Ontario OHSA, WHMIS, etc.);
• Valid Emergency First Aid and CPR certificates considered an asset;
• Ability to work with and contribute positively to a service oriented team with good communication skills;
• Ability to provide upon hire a copy of a valid Ontario driver’s license, an acceptable driver’s abstract and criminal reference check – vulnerable sector;
• Applicants are advised that written, oral and practical testing may form part of the selection process.
Hourly rate: $32.64, per Schedule ‘A’ of the Collective Agreement
Note: Article 11.05 “Trial Period” and Schedule “A” will be adhered to.
Qualified individuals should apply at www.wasagabeach.com
by: November 13, 2020 at 4:30pm.
The Town of Wasaga Beach is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process, upon request. Please advise the Town of Wasaga Beach Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants who apply for this position, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, Chapter 25, as amended, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.