King Township is an idyllic countryside community of communities, proud of its rural, cultural and agricultural heritage. We are respected for treasuring nature, encouraging a responsible economy and celebrating our vibrant quality of life. As an organization, we are focused on providing superior customer service, quality programs and services, progressive leadership, responsible management, and staff that is empowered to achieve personal and organizational excellence in the delivery of municipal services.
Reporting to the Manager of Water/Wastewater, the Water/Wastewater Operator I is responsible for the following:
- Regulatory water sampling and testing.
- Installing and repairing water meters and other new services.
- Maintain and repairing water mains, sanitary sewer and appurtenances as required.
- Assisting in water and wastewater utility locating.
- Performing operation and maintenance work on fire hydrants.
- Conducting operational checks and routine maintenance on lift station pumping equipment.
The successful applicant will possess:
- OSSD or equivalent, along with supplementary technical courses.
- Class I Water Distribution Certificate.
- Class I Wastewater Collection Certificate.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of previous work experience, preferably in a municipal setting, with a background operating and maintaining municipal water distribution and wastewater collection systems.
- Practical knowledge of applicable acts and regulations related to water and wastewater.
- General knowledge of water works and sanitary sewer construction, installation and maintenance procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and blueprints.
- Valid Class “A” or “D” driver’s licence in good standing order with airbrake endorsement.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the general public.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekend hours to accommodate the delivery of programs, as scheduled; capability to respond to after-hours “emergency” calls within a timely manner during evenings, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Ability to perform all physical demands of the job under adverse conditions.
Yearly wage range: $63, 926 – $78, 020 (2021 rate) plus a comprehensive benefit package.
Hours: 44 hours weekly
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume by 4:30PM on April 16 to:
2585 King Road, King City, Ontario, L7B 1A1
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Personal information (PI) is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.0. 2001, c.25 and will be used to facilitate the hiring and recruitment process. Personal information (PI) will be protected in accordance with Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). Questions about the collection of personal information (PI) should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 2585 King Road, King City, L7B 1A1 or (905) 833-5321
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Township of King will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Township Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.