Water Metering Technician (Temporary up to 5 months)
The City of Guelph is a vibrant and diverse community with a unique sense of place located in southern Ontario along the Innovation Corridor that runs between Toronto and Kitchener-Waterloo. We are also one of Canada’s fastest-growing cities with a projected population increase from 135,000 people to almost 170,000 in the next 10 years. Guelph is consistently ranked as one of the best places in Canada to live, work, and play—all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Reporting to the Supervisor Distribution, Metering & Locates the Water Metering Technician provides technical support for Water Services Metering initiatives including asset management and maintenance programs related to water meters for residential and ICI customers. Additionally, the Metering Technician performs activities related to the development of work plans, the development and tracking of key performance indicators; the development of purchasing documents, procurement of materials, parts, components, and equipment and assists in the evaluation and implementation of technological innovations/applications in water metering. Other duties include site plan and servicing review and tracking, analyzing and reporting on progress and performance of projects/programs using project management practices and tools; tracking water meter related inventories and performing audits as required using CMMS solutions. The Metering Technician will consult with key stakeholders, and provide high quality customer service and with internal and external customers, vendors and industry representatives. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Vision for an inclusive, connected and prosperous city.
Hours of work
Employees will work five (5) consecutive seven and a half (7.5) hour shifts with a half hour unpaid lunch, totalling 37.5 hours per week Monday through Friday, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. With the knowledge that Water Services is a 24hr operation throughout the year the successful candidate may be called upon to participate in both scheduled and unscheduled after- hours works as permitted by the collective agreement.
- Assists in the development of program work plans, benchmarking key performance indicators (KPI), and project charters and work orders using CMMS software and other project management tools
- Performs Project Management duties for metering projects
- Assists in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Work instructions and tracks the same
- Assists in, facilitates and supports corporate programs, policies and training opportunities
- Assists in development of budgets with other City support and prepares program analysis and reporting for the purpose informing future program direction and budget changes.
- Prepares and performs audits and reports thereof on program performance objectives with respect to existing revenue and potential revenue streams, labor and materials costing and electronic tracking of materials compared to real inventories
- Participates and provides technical support on the development of metering standards and specifications, bylaws as related to metering
- Provides technical feedback on water metering requirements for the City including life cycle monitoring as well as evaluating alternate available and emerging metering technologies
- Provides technical support for meter installations, set up, sizing, evaluation and troubleshooting as well as site plan/servicing review
- Provides technical assistance in the development of procurement documents such as purchase orders, tenders, requests for proposal etc.
- Purchases needed metering equipment inventory and tools and monitors the same while ensuring that all equipment and supplies meet City and industry standards
- Facilitate meter testing for large and small meters
- Provides customer service to stakeholders, customers and vendors including water consumption investigations and bill issue resolution
- Engages and liaises with contractors and other 3rpd party service provider in support of metering programs including the development and implementation of service agreements
- Acts a liaison with other Water Services’ teams and external departments such as Engineering and Building Services, to ensure the best integration of metering programs into other City initiatives
- Supports metering department’s integration into the Water Services Quality management System
- Other Business Services support duties as required
- Experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of a 2-3 year post secondary technical program or diploma and 2-3 years meter installation or plumbing experience. Candidates with equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must possess an 800a meter installer certificate or equivalent.
- Customer service experience including in person and phone interactions.
- Experience in providing project or program oversight and using project and work management tools such as a CMMS.
- Experience providing data analysis using statistical tools such as Excel.
- Must possess a valid Class G driver’s licence with a good driving record. Successful candidates will be required to provide a current driver’s abstract prior to their start date to confirm their license is held in good standing and that it has not been suspended or revoked under the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) or Criminal Code of Canada in the last 5 years. The City of Guelph will take into consideration the number of demerit points and/or nature of the infractions to determine if it meets our requirements.
- Ability to work in physically demanding conditions including, digging, regularly lifting objects approximately 25kg in weight, climbing ladders, entering pits and working in confined spaces.
- Excellent knowledge of the metering principles, standards and best practices.
- Thorough understanding of ICI servicing and plumbing applications.
- Good project management skills
- Awareness of water regulations and practices at related to meter installation including Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHIMS.
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, contractors, stakeholders and the general public.
- Intermediate to advanced skills Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) with the ability to use computers and other similar devices.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks for multiple staff in a demanding work environment.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with internal and external contacts in a courteous manner.
$31.36-$38.51 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Thursday, October 7, 2021. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please visit the job posting listed on our careers page and click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.