The Corporation of the City of Orillia has an opening for the position of WWTC SF2 in the Environment and Infrastructure Services Department.
• Operation and maintenance of the Wastewater Treatment Centre and pumping stations as the Operator-In-Charge (OIC) in accordance with City policy and applicable legislation.
• Overall Responsible Operator (ORO) designate in the absence of the Superintendent of Wastewater Treatment.
• Participate in Operator daily duties including weekly rotation of operator assignments as required.
• Ensure Wastewater Treatment Centre functions adhere to the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP) and Environmental Compliance Approval requirements.
• Responsible for the Wastewater Treatment Centre process controls and adjusting process operational parameters in consultation with the Superintendent.
• Lead staff in operational functions requiring leadership including but not limited to, confined space entries, wetwell cleaning and maintenance functions.
• Work in accordance to City policies and applicable legislations, with particular attention to Regulation 129/04.
• Monitor overall process parameters, plant operations, data collection, instrumentation, alarm system and daily log entries including operator check lists for plant and pumping stations.
• Ensure the proper installation, commissioning, operation and rehabilitation of all treatment process and pump station equipment is completed as required to ensure reliable operation.
• Report maintenance, general housekeeping activities and staff work order completion to the Superintendent as well as maintain equipment maintenance records and the preventative maintenance computer program to ensure manufacturers recommended maintenance requirements are followed.
• Participate in the after-hours on-call rotation (30 minute response time required).
• Two year college diploma in related field.
• MECP Wastewater Treatment Facility Class III and Wastewater Collection Facility Class II Licenses required.
• TSSA IMT Gas Licence an asset.
• Working knowledge of Overall Responsible Operator (ORO) and Operator-in-Charge (OIC) responsibilities.
• Computer skills using MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and the internet.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
• Possess a valid class ‘DZ’ Ontario driver’s licence (or willing to obtain within six months) with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
• An acceptable Criminal Record Check is required for this position at the incumbent’s expense prior to the employment commencement date.
Compensation for this position is $34.95 per hour pursuant to the wage schedule for IBEW – Environment and Infrastructure Services employees, for a 40-hour work week plus a comprehensive benefits package. Applications will be accepted until June 2, 2021 at noon.
Applications will only be accepted by applying online. Please visit www.orillia.ca/employment
Note: The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001,S.O. 2001, c. 25., and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, City of Orillia, 50 Andrew St. S., Orillia ON L3V
|Job Category||Environment and Infrastructure Services Department|