THE CORPORATION OF THE COUNTY OF PRINCE EDWARD
WATER/WASTEWATER DEPARTMENT : WASTEWATER SERVICES OPERATOR
FILE #: 2021-85
Do you enjoy working both indoors and outdoors? Are you reliable, conscientious and motivated for success?
Our Human Resources Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Wastewater Services Operator. Reporting to the Wastewater Services Supervisor, the Wastewater Services Operator will provide the direct operations and maintenance to all of Prince Edward County’s wastewater facilities and Collections Systems supporting all legislated requirements.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Completed post-secondary diploma or degree in Environmental Science or an equivalent combination of relevant education and related experience
• Minimum Operator in Training Licences (OIT).
• Must become certified with the Ontario MOE Certificates of Competency for the following systems in a reasonable period of time:
– Class 2 Waste Water Treatment – Class 2 Waste Water Collection
• 1-2 years’ experience with treatment plant and distribution system repairs and maintenance considered a strong asset.
• Ability to perform industrial maintenance and trouble shoot on instrumentation and electrical equipment, and mechanical and plumbing systems.
• Capable of identifying problems and troubleshooting operations with the ability to report adverse situations as required.
• Ability to keep clear, detailed, and legible records both electronically and written to support provincial compliance requirements.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with the ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment at all times.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, SCADA systems, and other related operating database applications.
• Valid ‘G’ drivers licence and satisfactory Driver’s Abstract.
The current hourly rate of pay for this position is $29.94 to $30.62 per hour, as per Band 10 of CUPE Local 2275’s Collective Agreement. Further compensation is provided for increased licensing levels. Compensation also includes a competitive benefit package and membership in OMERS. Please direct your application prior to 4:00pm on September 22, 2021 to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1044.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.