JOB POSTING – #17-2022
Utility Supervisor – Full Time
The Utility Supervisor, reporting directly to the Chief Operator, will be responsible for supervising and participating in the day to day operations and maintenance of the water supply and distribution system and the wastewater treatment and collection system.
The successful candidate should possess:
- Secondary School Diploma, related post-secondary education preferred
- 5 years of related professional experience
- MCEP Class 3 Water Distribution and Supply License AND Class 2 Wastewater Treatment License OR Class 3 Wastewater Treatment License and Class 1 Water Distribution and Supply License
- Have demonstrated experience in a supervisory capacity OR have demonstrated working towards a supervisory skill-set by participating in significant supervisory continuing education
- Knowledge of current MECP water/wastewater regulations
- Working knowledge of safe laboratory practices, hydraulic, electrical and mechanical systems
- Physical ability to perform moderate and heavy physical labour
- Computer literacy skills in various office applications
- Valid drivers license and clean driver’s abstract
- First Aid/CPR & WHMIS training
- Knowledge of roles and responsibilities under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
The salary range for this position is $36.61 – $44.95 per hour based upon a 40-hour work week. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan.
A detailed summary of the position responsibilities, qualifications and a complete job description are available by visiting www.northperth.ca/jobs or upon request.
Applications are being accepted until 4:30 pm on June 23, 2022.
The Municipality of North Perth is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, North Perth will provide accommodations to all applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M.56.