InnServices Utilities Inc. is an award winning, progressive organization that delivers water and wastewater services in Innisfil, Ontario. With InnServices, you will be part of a cross-functional and collaborative organization that prides itself on safety, innovation & efficiency, quality & reliability, and fiscal prudence.
Our diverse and family-oriented organization values a supportive and respectful culture where employees can grow through training, education and further development opportunities. Our corporate mission is “to provide safe, reliable & Cost-efficient water & wastewater services, through innovation – that are valued by our communities. To foster an inclusive, supportive, family-oriented Utility that values our employees & our communities.”
We are looking for a dynamic and forward-thinking Utilities Operator – Water to join the InnServices team! In this role, you will be part of the team responsible for the operation and maintenance of Innisfil’s Water Treatment and Distribution System, while ensuring compliance with Provincial Legislation and Town policies for the protection of public health and safety.
The Utilities Operator – Water will be responsible for:
- Operating and maintaining all InnServices owned water infrastructure in order to control production and water quality to the public users and the environment
- Performing daily rounds of treatment facilities for the analysis, monitoring and recording of: chemical usage and replenishing of supplies; daily production of supply volumes and operational hours; reservoir levels, generator status, system pressures; operational parameters as dictated by Ministry of Environment Certificates of Approval and regulations
- Installing new residential water meters and performing maintenance and field accuracy testing on existing installations
- Performing utility locates of distribution system piping
- Acting in the absence of the ORO (Overall Responsible Operator) when requested
- Mandatory participation in overtime, rotational standby duties and on call response after hours, including weekend work and stat holidays as required
We are seeking a dedicated and driven individual who holds the following:
- Community College diploma in a related field (such as; Civil Engineering, Water, or Environmental studies) or equivalent related experience.
- Water meter installer’s license or equivalent plumber’s license, as issued by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a water distribution and water treatment environment. Candidates with fewer years of experience in a water distribution and water treatment environment may be considered.
- MECP Class І (1) Certifications in both Water Treatment and Water Distribution and Supply.
- A Valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s license and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business, DZ Licence preferred.
- The successful candidate will be required to be on the on-call roster to respond to on-call within a reasonable period of time, or as specified under InnServices policy.
- Availability to attend evening meetings or other events, if necessary.
Closing date is November 22, 2023.
To learn more about this opportunity, to access the job description and to apply, please go to the Employment Opportunities section of our website.
InnServices is committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our workplace community and members of the public. InnServices has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy strongly encouraging vaccinations for all employees who can be vaccinated against COVID-19 (respectful of Ontario Human Rights Code considerations). The Policy requires mandatory disclosure of vaccination status and full compliance with the policy requirements. All new employees (and re-hires) are subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure as a condition of employment and disclosure of vaccination status is required prior to commencing employment.
InnServices Utilities Inc. is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplaces. We are passionate about attracting and retaining individuals who represent the diversity in our own community and beyond, as we work together to best serve our residents. We inspire one another in an inclusive environment where all individuals belong and are valued, respected and uplifted.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information will be used to determine eligibility for potential employment and is pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Accommodations for persons with disabilities will be provided, on request, to support candidate participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, please contact People & Talent.
|Job Category||Utilities Operator|