PUC Services Inc. operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the distribution of electricity, the supply, treatment and distribution of municipal drinking water, and the operation of wastewater treatment facilities.
PUC offers a dynamic, challenging and rewarding work environment that encourages collaboration and innovative thinking. We are seeking a new member of our team to support Water Treatment Operations and assist in the supervision staff. The ideal candidate will have technical knowledge, drive, and confidence to lead and strengthen the Water Treatment Team.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Support the Manager, Water Treatment Operations in coordinating and managing operation, maintenance and administrative of the water treatment systems.
- Supervision of operations staff including scheduling, job planning, recruitment, performance management, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure maintenance and operational procedures comply with legislation and manufacturer’s requirements as well as contractual obligations.
- Provide coordination with other departments for Water and Electrical SCADA implementation and development.
- Minimum post secondary education in Water Resources, or a related field.
- Hold and maintain a valid Water Treatment Operator Certificate, Wastewater Treatment Operator Certificate, and an EDA Electrical Operator Certificate, appropriate to the level of the facility.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Provincial and Federal regulations pertaining to water and wastewater systems, including DWQMS
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Must hold and maintain a valid Ontario driver’s license.
- Self-motivated and confident leader with strong communication and team building skills.
- Excellent computer skills with demonstrated ability to work with software such as Microsoft Office, and Work Management Systems.
- Strong analytical and technical skills to solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in decisions regarding operational processes.
- Ability to be on-call for after hour emergencies on a scheduled basis.
- Deemed a competent Supervisor under the Health and Safety Act.
PUC Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Resumes stating qualifications and experience will be accepted via email to HR@SSMPUC.COM by October 21, 2021 quoting the job title noted above.