PUC Services Inc. operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the distribution of electricity, the supply, treatment and distribution of municipal drinking water, and the operation of wastewater treatment facilities (Environmental Operations).
PUC offers a dynamic, challenging and rewarding work environment that encourages collaboration and innovative thinking. We are seeking a new member of our team to support the Environmental Operations Department and supervise technical staff. The ideal candidate will have technical knowledge, drive, and confidence to lead and strengthen the Environmental Operations Team.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Support the Manager, Environmental Operations in coordinating and managing operation, maintenance and administrative functions within the wastewater treatment systems.
- Supervision of maintenance and electrical staff including scheduling, job planning, recruitment, performance management, etc.
- Fulfill the role of Overall Responsible Operator on a rotational basis.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure maintenance and operational procedures comply with legislation and manufacturer’s requirements as well as contractual obligations.
- Ensure effective operation and function of process and SCADA systems.
- Coordinate, schedule and monitor contractor services.
- Minimum post secondary education or journeyperson certificate of qualifications in a related technical field. Preference will be given to those that have Wastewater Operator Licence or a Professional Engineer designation.
- Will be required to progress to a Class 4 Wastewater Operator Licence.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience, with a preference for demonstrated experience in a supervisory / leadership role.
- Must hold and maintain a valid Ontario driver’s license.
- Self-motivated and confident leader with strong communication and team building skills.
- Excellent computer skills with demonstrated ability to work with software such as Microsoft Office, and Work Management Systems.
- Strong analytical and technical skills to solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to be on-call for after hour emergencies on a scheduled basis.
- Deemed a competent Supervisor under the Health and Safety Act.
PUC Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Resumes stating qualifications and experience will be accepted via email to HR@SSMPUC.COM by October 20, 2021 quoting the job title noted above.