The Town of Lincoln, located in the beautiful Niagara Region, offers a unique environment that encompasses Lake Ontario, the Bruce Trail and Niagara Escarpment and is situated between Hamilton and St. Catharines. Steeped in a rich history and home to one of the fastest growing municipalities, Lincoln is a place to grow, a place to prosper and a place to belong.
Reporting to the Manager of Environmental Services, the Supervisor is responsible for overseeing operations and maintenance activities, projects and support services for the environmental section (specifically water and wastewater) of the Public Works Department, including the coordinator of personnel, equipment and other resources. This position will serve as the Overall Responsible Operator (ORO). This position is part of a rotation schedule that responds to after-hours emergencies 24 hours / day.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
• Post-secondary diploma in engineering or a related field
• Certification by the Ministry of the Environment as a Class II Water Distribution System Operator. Candidate must be willing and able to obtain a Class III Water Distribution System within 1 year of hire date.
• Certification by the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks as a Class II Wastewater Collection System Operator
• Provincial certification as a Water Meter Installer
• Minimum five (5) years work experience in a municipal public works environment
• Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience in a unionized municipal environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to lead a diverse team
• Advanced competency in MS Office Applications
• Project / Program management experience would be considered an asset
• Valid Ministry of Transportation Class “G” Drivers License
• Ability to work outside regular business hours.
In addition to a dynamic and fast-paced team environment, we offer an excellent benefit package and pension plan. The annual base salary range, based on a 40-hour work week, is $73,306 – $82,507.
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume by Monday January 4, 2021 to:
1. Online: https://lincoln.ca/career-application-form
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org noting the position in the subject line
This job description is available in alternative formats, or accessible communication supports, upon request.
We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. By submitting your personal information to the Town of Lincoln, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and /or employment processes. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment. Questions regarding the collection of personal information may be directed to the Office of the Municipal Clerk.
|Job Category||Environmental Services|