The Township of Guelph/Eramosa is currently seeking a Water/Wastewater Operator. This is a full-time position offering an attractive compensation, benefits package and an excellent working environment.
Reporting to the Public Works Water/Wastewater Manager, the minimum qualifications for this position include:
- One year minimum experience in municipal water and wastewater services
- Minimum OIT Water Treatment with the requirement to obtain Class 1 Certification within 12 months of hire
- Minimum Class 1 Distribution & Supply Certification with the requirement to obtain Class 2 within 12 months of hire
- Minimum Class 1 Wastewater Collection would be considered a definite asset
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Maintain a valid Ontario Class G Drivers’ License and Driver’s Abstract in good standing
- Demonstrated computer knowledge including proficiency in MS Office and familiarity with a SCADA environment
- Demonstrated record keeping, time management, organizational skills
- Working knowledge of the applicable legislation within the Safe Drinking Water Act
- Live within 40 minutes of the Municipal System or be willing to move within 12 months of hire
- Available for on-call schedules and weekend shifts on a rotating basis
- Ability to perform Operator in Charge (OIC) responsibilities on a rotational basis as required
- Agreeable to act as Overall Responsible Operator (ORO) on a rotational basis as required
The ideal candidate would already possess:
- Class 1 Water Treatment Certification 1 and Class 2 Water Distribution & Supply Certification;
- Ministry of Environment Class 2 Wastewater Collection License; and
- The ability to immediately perform OIC/on-call duties on a rotational basis.
The salary range for this position will be based on the candidate’s experience, certification and in accordance with the Township’s Salary Grid.
How to Apply: Qualified and interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume (in pdf format) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Additional requirements and a complete Job Description can be found on our web site at www.get.on.ca
Applicants are invited to submit the required information no later than 4:00p.m., Friday, February 26th, 2021.
We thank all applicants, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Township of Guelph/Eramosa is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment and handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
|Job Category||Public Works Water/Wastewater Operator 1|