Maintenance Mechanic/Relief Operator
Full Time (40-hour work week)
Plus, a comprehensive benefit package and OMERS pension plan
Applications are invited from qualified and interested candidates for the above-noted C.U.P.E. Local 115 (Outside) position in the Wastewater Systems division of the Engineering & Infrastructure Department.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Wastewater Systems through the Chief Operator, this position will maintain all mechanical equipment used in the Wastewater Systems Division ensuring it is in good operating and safe condition, and perform other related duties as assigned. The Wastewater Systems are comprised of a Class IV Conventional Secondary Treatment Facility, a Class III Wastewater Collection System including twelve (12) remote pumping stations. Applicants should be able to demonstrate mechanical and analytical reasoning skills and have a sincere desire to serve the public.
Essential (Minimum) Qualifications:
• Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent and a valid 433A Industrial Mechanic Millwright Certificate.
• 3 years as a Mechanic Maintenance Technician I (in medium to heavy industry)
• Strong knowledge of instrumentation and capable of doing minor welding.
• The ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and reliability.
• Must possess or have the ability to work towards at minimum a Class 1 MECP certificate in Wastewater Treatment and Wastewater Collection.
• A valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License in good standing. A valid “DZ” License would be considered an asset.
• Computer literacy in the Microsoft Office suite and computerized workorder systems.
• Possession of a Maintenance G1 Gas Fitter certificate or equivalent will be considered an asset.
• Knowledge of electrical systems and wiring including knowledge of voltage, current and resistance and reading and interpreting electrical blueprints would be considered an asset.
• Plumbing/pipefitting, lubrication knowledge, and fabrication abilities would be considered an asset.
• Applicant must be capable of performing physical requirements of the position that involve heavy pushing, pulling and lifting (e.g., lift objects of 25 kg) on a regular basis; work in uncontrolled environment/conditions and work in confined spaces.
• As a condition of employment, you will be required to submit medical documentation of physical ability to perform the duties of position.
The personal information submitted is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act and is protected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only. The municipality is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code and the Integrated Accessibility Standard Regulation. For applicants with a disability, accommodations are available upon request in the recruitment process should you be selected to participate.
Interested and qualified applicants must submit a cover letter and resume marked “Maintenance Mechanic/Relief Operator” on/before Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. to the following:
Human Resources Department
City of Brockville
P.O. Box 5000
1 King Street West
Brockville, Ontario K6V 7A5
The City of Brockville wishes to thank all applicants and advises that only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
|Job Category||Maintenance Supervisor|