Permanent, full-time position with Hamilton Water in Hamilton, ON
Are you an Instrumentation Technician with experience working with large industrial process equipment? Can you work efficiently and perform tasks in a fast-paced, team-oriented maintenance environment? If so, bring your experience and skills to the City of Hamilton.
In this role, you’ll perform all the duties of an Instrumentation Technician including the troubleshooting, repair, and operational, basic predictive and preventative instrumentation maintenance duties and associated installations for water and wastewater facilities and outstations.
This position will be an excellent career opportunity for a self-motivated technician who has a strong team-working skill set and can work both independently and as part of a team. You must excel at planning, organizing and implementing work related to the breakdown and preventative maintenance of instrumentation equipment.
This position will involve exposure to varying climatic conditions and potential exposure to trace amounts of treatment chemicals, sludge, water and wastewater as well as working at computer terminals, at heights and in confined spaces.
Your qualifications as an Instrumentation Technician include:
- A valid Provincial Instrumentation & Control Technician 447A License with a proven Apprenticeship.
- Experience in the following: calibration, testing, troubleshooting, repair, and predictive and preventative maintenance duties to instrumentation located at water, wastewater treatment and outstation installations OR large industrial plants such as manufacturing and/or utilities.
- Proven knowledge, experience, and proficiency in using maintenance programs for water and wastewater treatment equipment and/or manufacturing or utilities equipment.
- Experience in pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics and instrumentation and controls equipment.
- Ability to obtain by examination within probation period or already possess:
- Operator-in-training Wastewater Treatment Certificate of Competency
- Operator-in-training Wastewater Collection Certificate of Competency
- Operator-in-training Water Treatment Certificate of Competency
- Operator-in-training Water Distribution Certificate of Competency
(You must be able to obtain Level 1 certification in all classifications listed above within six (6) years to continue employment.)
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of statutes, regulations, and by-laws affecting the department/section (e.g. Occupational Health & Safety Act Regulations, Environmental Protection Act, Safe Drinking Water.
- A high level of computer skills in the use of software applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, & Outlook) and asset management applications such as Hansen and Enterprise Asset Management.
- Possession of a driver’s license, Class ‘G’ or better, valid in the Province of Ontario with a point-free driving record and/or a record found to be satisfactory to the City of Hamilton.
- Ability to wear and maintain self-contained breathing apparatus and ability to pass a full-face mask fit test.
- Ability to report on-call, outside normal work hours and to report to various work sites.
- Ability to work in varying climatic conditions with potential exposure to trace amounts of treatment chemicals, sludge and water & wastewater.
- Ability to work both at heights and in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift up to up to 23 kg (50 lbs) when required.
- As a condition of employment, the successful applicant(s) will be required to obtain a satisfactory Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check, at their own expense, prior to beginning work in this position.
- This permanent, full-time position offers a wage range of $38.640 to $40.360 per hour (based on a 40-hour work week schedule).
About the City of Hamilton
Contribute to the City of Hamilton, one of Canada’s largest cities – home to a diverse and strong economy, an active and inclusive community, a robust cultural and dining scene, hundreds of kilometres of hiking trails and natural beauty just minutes from the downtown core, and so much more. Join our diverse team of talented and ambitious staff who embody our values of sensational service, courageous change, steadfast integrity, collective ownership and being engaged, empowered employees. Help us #BeTheReason the entire country is talking about Hamilton, and achieve our vision of being the best place to raise a child and age successfully.
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on this Electrician position, JOB ID #17505, and to apply online, by July 21,2021.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
|Job Category||Instrumentation Technician|