Join the Hamilton Water leadership team in Hamilton, ON
This permanent, full-time opportunity with the City of Hamilton would be an excellent career move for an experienced Instrumentation Engineering Technician or similarly qualified professional who can lead a technical team in delivering a technical program.
Reporting to the Superintendent, Plant Maintenance, you’ll supervise the day-to-day operations of the Instrumentation Technicians, and ensure the administration and basic predictive and preventative maintenance of the Water and Wastewater Treatment Facilities, Outstations of Water Treatment Plant, Wastewater Treatment Plants, Municipal Wells, Water/Wastewater Pumping Stations, Reservoirs and Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) Tanks within the City of Hamilton.
In this key role, you’ll utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in the management and completion of work, including planning, scheduling, trending, inventory, parts and tool requisitioning, etc., while ensuring that all work is completed in accordance with documented procedures, best practices, and legal requirements. As an Instrumentation Supervisor, you’ll also support commissioning activities, provide input into capital delivery projects, and participate in the development and maintenance of our Quality Management and Health and Safety programs.
As a team leader, you know how to promote efficiency, productivity and high quality of work in line with standards, targets and key performance indicators, develop staff through recognition, coaching and mentoring, and maintain positive labour relations through good communication, judgement and respect.
Your qualifications as an Instrumentation Supervisor include:
* Proven knowledge of basic and preventative instrumentation maintenance usually acquired by obtaining a college diploma as an Instrumentation Engineering Technician, a Certificate of Qualifications 447A, or a combination of related education and relevant work experience.
* Must hold a valid Class “G” driver’s licence.
* Must be able to obtain by examination:
a) An Ontario Level 1 Wastewater Treatment Operation, Certificate of Competency and
b) An Ontario Level 1 Wastewater Collection Operation, Certificate of Competency and
c) An Ontario Level 1 Water Treatment Operation, Certificate of Competency and
d) An Ontario Level 1 Water Distribution Operation, Certificate of Competency.
NOTE: These licences must be obtained within a period of five (5) years of job commencement to continue your employment in this position.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations for Industrial Establishments.
* Proven experience in supervising, and providing leadership for, a technical team.
* Proven experience in leading and delivering a technical program.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
* Demonstrated experience working in a water or wastewater treatment plant, or another large industrial environment.
* Computer experience, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
This CUPE Local 1041 Supv regular, full-time position offers a wage range of $45.210 to $50.233 per hour (based on a 40-hour work week schedule).
About the City of Hamilton
Contribute to the City of Hamilton, one of Canada’s largest cities – home to a diverse and strong economy, an active and inclusive community, a robust cultural and dining scene, hundreds of kilometres of hiking trails and natural beauty just minutes from the downtown core, and so much more. Join our diverse team of talented and ambitious staff who embody our values of sensational service, courageous change, steadfast integrity, collective ownership and being engaged, empowered employees. Help us #BeTheReason the entire country is talking about Hamilton, and achieve our vision of being the best place to raise a child and age successfully.
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on this Instrumentation Supervisor position, JOB ID #16929, and to apply online, by Wednesday, February 10, 2021.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.