Lakeshore is a beautiful Municipality situated in southern Ontario along Lake St. Clair. Lakeshore is a great place to live, work and play. The Municipality has a population of 40,910 and is one of the fastest growing communities in Southern Ontario. The Municipality enjoys a temperate climate year round with more than 200 growing days. Lakeshore’s affordable lakefront community enjoys over 35 km of waterfront, low taxes, a high quality of life and abundant recreational opportunities with many family friendly parks, recreation programs, a multi-use recreation centre, the Atlas Tube Recreation Centre including pools, 3 ice pads, gyms, and much more. The Municipality services infrastructure extending over 537 kms of roads, 37 parks and conservation areas, 2 water treatment plants, several pumping stations, solid waste collection, pollution control and many kilometres of utility infrastructure. Find out more about Lakeshore at www.lakeshore.ca.
Reporting to the Corporate Leader – Operations, the Division Leader – Water Management is responsible for the overall management and administration of the water and wastewater services for the Municipality of Lakeshore, including all associated facilities and systems, engineering design projects, operations and maintenance of the Municipality’s water and wastewater treatment, pumping, distribution and collection systems in accordance with all municipal policies and Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP) regulations.
Some Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills required include:
• Either a 4 year Civil/Environmental/Water Resources Engineering degree from a recognized university or Certified Engineering Technologist combined with a wastewater operator Class 3 (or eligible)
• Professional Engineering designation is required or alternatively a CET designation/Class 3 Water Operator license
• 7 years progressive experience in a supervisory, management position preferably with municipal experience directly related to water and wastewater treatment and distribution or related experience
• Advanced knowledge of Ontario Provincial policies, legislation and regulations that affect municipal water and wastewater treatment facilities, including Ontario Water Resources Act, the Safe Drinking Water Act, Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP) regulations, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate reports and polices with researched information, logical analysis and recommendations
For the full job description, visit Employment Opportunities on the Municipality of Lakeshore website. If interested in joining our team, apply to the posting at https://careers.lakeshore.ca/.
|Job Category||Division Leader – Water Management|