Posting date: September 7, 2022
Job Title: Distribution/Collection Relief Operator
Number of Vacancies: 5
Posting number: EX22-1059
Status: Casual part time positions
Should there be no fully qualified candidate for this position, a less qualified candidate who can be expected to meet the required qualifications within a reasonable period may be considered for this position as a training/development opportunity.
Range of Pay: $27.48 to $31.50 per hour
(Training Opportunity range of pay is $26.11 to $29.92 per hour. The successful candidate will be paid at the reduced range until the minimum qualifications have been met.)
Hours of Work: Up to 48 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: Yes – (shift work may be required)
Start date: To follow selection process
Initial Reporting Location: Frobisher
Section: Distribution and Collection
Division: Linear Infrastructure Services
Department: Growth and Infrastructure
Duties: Under the supervision of a distribution/collection Foreperson/Sub-Foreperson:
- Operate system components and perform preventative and corrective maintenance repairs to water distribution and wastewater collection facilities.
- Transport personnel, material, merchandise, equipment or refuse.
- Load and unload truck by hand or mechanical device, such as a loader.
- Oversee up to three workers in the performance of routine duties.
- Perform routine labour work as required.
- Work as an assistant or helper to various tradespersons, equipment operators, crews or other personnel.
- Perform the duties of flag person and assist in traffic control, as directed.
- Collect samples and perform routine lab tests as directed.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Class “DZ” drivers’ licence and have an acceptable driving record.
- Must be certified as an Operator In Training (OIT) and be willing and able to complete certification of Water Distribution Level 1 and Wastewater Collection Level 1 within eighteen (18) months.
- Six (6) months of related experience considered an asset.
- Must be physically capable of performing the characteristic duties and operating a vehicle safely.
- Must be able to write necessary shift reports, operate a mobile radio, evaluate and comprehend as-built drawings and associated equipment operating manuals.
- Must be able to effectively complete M.M.M.S. Crew Cards.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
Résumés quoting EX22-1059 are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September 21, 2022. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City’s mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice. For more information, please visit our website at www.greatersudbury.ca/jobs.
Interested applicants who have questions regarding certification are encouraged to visit the OWWCO website at www.owwco.ca
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and are happy to hire qualified (including education credential) applicants from anywhere. In order to hire a candidate one must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with legally entitled being defined as having all of the necessary paperwork processed, approved and responded to, by way of a work permit being issued and received. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
|Job Category||Distribution/Collection Relief Operator|