The Corporation of the Township of South Glengarry is currently seeking a Water Treatment Operator. Reporting to the Director of Water/Wastewater Operations the Water Treatment Operator will require the following skills and qualifications:
• Experience in Water/Wastewater Treatment and hold a Class 3 Water Treatment Certificate which meets the requirements under the Ontario Regulation 128/04, Wastewater Treatment Class 2 Certificate which meets the requirements under the Ontario Regulation 129/04. (If not in current possession working towards both Level 3 Water and Level 2 Wastewater certification)
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a public- sector work environment.
• Effective verbal and listening communications skills
• Maintain a valid Drivers’ License and clean driver’s abstract.
• Demonstrated computer proficiency
• Available for on-call schedules
• Electrical and Mechanical experience will be considered an asset
This is a full-time unionized position offering an attractive compensation and benefits package and an excellent working environment. Salary range $25.54/hr – $28.01/hr)
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to Cyndi DeVries, Human Resources Advisor no later than 4:00pm, March 26, 2021 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, we will only respond to those selected for an interview.
In accordance with the “Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act”, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
Accommodations of persons with disabilities are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance to the Human Resources Advisor or designate.
The Town of Blind River provides quality of life to those who live, work and play in the area. Blind River is a small friendly Northern Ontario community situated between Sault Ste. Marie and Sudbury, Ontario,with a population of 3,500.
PUC Services Inc. operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the supply and delivery of electricity and drinking water, energy services and the treatment of water and wastewater.
As the Lead Hand – Water Treatment Operator (Blind River) your duties will include:
• Accountable for promptly identifying, troubleshooting and reporting equipment and process faults;
• Participates in or leads development and implementation of solutions under management supervision;
• Routinely assumes regulatory accountability as “Operator”, “Operator in Charge” and assumes “Overall Responsible Operator” for systems on an on-call, or backfill basis;
• Participate in the development and review of contingency plans, and operations and maintenance procedures under the QMS system;
• Maintain a safe working environment and ensure the safety of all equipment;
• Assist in the quality control of contracted work; and
• Communicate and interact with the public, government inspectors, contractors, and staff in a productive and professional manner.
• Post-secondary diploma in Water Resource Technology or Environmental Engineering Technology;
• Hold and maintain a valid Water Treatment Operator License and Wastewater Treatment License appropriate with the level of the facility;
• Hold and maintain a valid Ontario driver’s license;
• Strong knowledge of related legislation, codes, standards, and practices;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to exercise judgement in adjusting process variables to meet operating parameters;
• Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative;
• Knowledge of advanced mathematics and chemistry to complete calculations regarding chemicals and processes;
• Demonstrated proficiency with spreadsheets, word processor, SCADA and corporate software; and
• Ability to be on-call for after hour emergencies on a scheduled basis and be available for out-of-town assignments that may require overnight stays.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Resumes stating qualifications and experience will be excepted via email to HR@SSMPUC.COM by February 26, 2021 quoting the job title noted above.
The selection will be based on information provided on the application, an interview of the applicant conducted by a panel of three, testing and may include a review of the individual’s personnel file and reference checks.