The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville
invites applications for the position of
Supervisor, Water Works Infrastructure Services Department
(Full-time position, 42 hours per week)
The Town of Orangeville has a full-time opportunity available for the position of Supervisor, Water Works. Duties of the position include:
- Performing the duties and responsibilities of the Overall Responsible Operator (ORO) as required under Ontario Regulation 128/04, Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Guideline No. 5.1, and Drinking Water Operator/Water Quality Analyst Certification, as amended.
- Supervising staff, assigning work, assisting with new hire selection, training, motivating and evaluating staff, and discipline.
- Supervising and/or arranging for supervision of maintenance work on treatment units, pumps, valves, watermains and appurtenances in the water supply and distribution systems, including work undertaken by staff and contractors.
- Ensuring operating data is collected as required by all licences, permits and regulations, verify its validity, and assist with compilation, review and analysis.
- Assisting the Water Works Technologist with the co-ordination of annual Ministry inspections, and with the preparation of reports and responses to information requests as required by provincial personnel and/or regulations.
- Assist senior staff with administrative matters, including but not limited to completing time sheets, approving payments to contractors and suppliers, developing the annual Water Works maintenance program, providing input for the annual capital and operating budget, responding to public inquiries, etc.
- Completing annual training required to by provincial regulation to maintain the drinking-water certificates that are a requirement of the position.
- Assist in other areas of Public Works, including but not limited to the sewage collection system, sewage pumping stations, and operations; and other duties as assigned.
- Secondary School Diploma.
- Three to four years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of water supply, treatment and distribution systems, including a minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Drinking Water Operator Certificate, Water Distribution and Supply Subsystem Class 3, and Water Treatment Subsystem, Class 2.
- Current and valid Class G driver’s licence.
- Thorough understanding of the requirements of the applicable regulations that pertain to the operation and maintenance of water supply, water treatment and water distribution systems, including but not necessarily limited to: the Permit to Take Water, the Safe Drinking Water Act, the Clean Water Act, and the applicable regulations made under the aforementioned Acts.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, experience with computers including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, and experience with SCADA control systems.
- Must be conscientious, detail oriented, and able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
Hourly Range: $40.89 to $47.84, Band 10 on the Town’s 2020 Pay Grid, plus a comprehensive benefits package
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Sarah Alexander, Human Resources Assistant, no later than 4 p.m. on Thursday, August 20, 2020. Applications may be submitted online, or in person to the Town Hall located at 87 Broadway.
The Town of Orangeville is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. By submitting your personal information to the Town of Orangeville, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes. Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c.25, as amended, and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Town of Orangeville. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.