- Reporting to the Supervisor of Environmental Services, the Licensed Water Operator inspects, repairs, and maintains potable water distribution and supply system to ensure compliance to required standards.
- Operates, monitors, repairs and controls water treatment and distribution systems including treatment plants, wells, pumping stations, reservoirs, distribution mains, valves, hydrants and meters, by use of SCADA systems.
- Inspects, monitors, and maintains pumping plant equipment including disinfection equipment, pumps, control systems and water towers – able to climb water towers.
- Performs all operational and basic routine and preventative maintenance duties for assigned facilities.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable legislation, regulations, approvals and orders, guidelines.
- Adjusts, inspects and evaluates process performance and equipment to optimize efficiency and effectiveness in accordance with established procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Conducts water testing and sampling (bacteriological and chemical) using various meters and spectrophotometer.
- Collects, maintains and transports process samples in accordance with established procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Carries out various test procedures and process calculations required to monitor process performance.
- Maintains logs and records pertaining to system performance and conditions in accordance with established procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Undertakes emergency or other repairs as required.
- Assists in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Community College Diploma (3 years) in Environmental Technology or Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent education.
- Ministry of Environment Operator Class 1 Certification for water distribution and supply would be preferred however, OIT (operator in training) classifications may also be considered. Must have a willingness and ability to obtain a Class 3 certification.
- Water Meter Installer Certificate.
- Valid Driver’s License (Class DZ).
- Availability for on-call duty, standby and emergency calls.
- Familiarity with the Safe Drinking Water Act 2002, and all Ontario Regulations concerning water operations.
- Knowledge of SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) System.
|Department/Division||Infrastructure & Development Services/Water|
|Reporting to||Supervisor of Environmental Services|
|Hourly Rate||$23.60 – $34.82 (2020 rate)|
|Closing Date/Time||Tuesday April 20, 2021 @ 4:30 pm|
To apply for this position:
- Please submit a resume, clearly outlining your qualifications and experience, and quoting the job posting number.
- Applications can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit duplicates.
- Please include the Job Posting Number in the message subject line. Attachments should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Accommodations are available for people with disabilities for all aspects of the recruitment process. Applicants should make their needs known in advance.