The Town of Wasaga Beach is seeking an energetic and self-motivated individual to perform the duties and responsibilities of the Sewer and Water Foreperson.
General Responsibilities: Provide leadership in organizing, planning of Public Works initiatives through the coordination of preparing and overseeing the day to day operation of maintenance of the municipal water distribution, wastewater collection and water meter systems, public relations, inspections and supervision. This position will act as the Management Representative and perform duties and responsibilities as may be assigned under the Town’s Drinking Water Quality Management System (DWQMS) Operational Plan. This role will also assist with supervisory responsibilities related to roads maintenance activities, when necessary, including rotational standby assignments.
• Completion of Secondary School Diploma with post-secondary education in a related field considered an asset;
• Class II Water Distribution/Supply Systems Operator Certificate (Ontario);
• Class I Wastewater Collection System Operator Certificate (Ontario);
• Completion of an Engineering Technician or Technologist Diploma considered an asset;
• Completion of the T.J. Mahony Road School & C.S. Anderson Courses considered an asset;
• Strong public relations, supervisory, presentation, report writing skills as well as a budgeting and estimating background;
• Current knowledge of all legislation relating to Collection and Distribution Subsystems, including but not limited to, the Safe Drinking Water Act, the Drinking Water Quality Management Standards, Ontario Traffic Manual, Ontario Provincial Standards and Drawings, Occupational Health and Safety Act and other applicable legislation;
• Computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
• Ability to interpret plans, maps and other technical drawings;
• Supervisory experience in a unionized environment considered an asset;
• Valid Class “G” Ontario drivers’ license with an appropriate drivers’ abstract and criminal records check.
Hourly Wage Range: $38.27 -$44.77 (40 hour/week)
Interested applicants are invited to apply outlining their qualifications and experience to Human Resources, 30 Lewis Street, Wasaga Beach, ON, L9Z 1A1. Fax: 705-429-6732 or email at email@example.com until 4:30 p.m. October 9, 2020.
The Town of Wasaga Beach is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process, upon request. Please advise the Town of Wasaga Beach Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants who apply for this position, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, Chapter 25, as amended, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.