1 Full Time Position
Department: Public Works
Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Date Posted: September 14, 2020
Date Closing: September 28, 2020, 4:30 p.m.
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours/Shifts: 40 hours per week; 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, subject to change. Must be available to work overtime and short notice call-ins as required. Will also be required to participate in an on-call rotation for after hour calls on weekdays/weekends.
Salary Range: Operator I $19.57-$23.78, Operator II $22.23-$27.01, Operator III $24.90- $30.26 per hour. Operator level and wage will commensurate with qualifications. A comprehensive benefit package is included.
Reporting to the Manager of Water Operations or Manager of Operations, this position is responsible for operating a variety of equipment and performing the tasks required to maintain the Town’s infrastructure; including but not limited to water, sewer, and roads systems.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist with repairs to water and sewer underground piping systems.
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of the water distribution system in accordance with the code of practice issued by MECP.
- Maintain vehicles and equipment maintenance logs as required.
- Carry out preventative maintenance programs.
- Report to the Manager all matters of staff or public safety.
Qualifications and requirements:
- The ideal candidate will hold a valid MECP Class 1 Wastewater Collection Certificate and a valid MECP Class 1 Water Distribution Certificate or be willing to obtain these certifications.
- The successful candidate must possess a valid Province of Ontario Class “D” license with “Z” endorsement in good standing.
- Applicants should have applicable experience in the operation and maintenance of equipment used to maintain roadways (plow truck, loader, backhoe, tractor, mowers etc.)
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have a sincere desire to serve the public.
How to apply:
Please forward your resume in confidence by September 28, 2020 at 4:30 p.m., to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to The Corporation of the Town of Aylmer, 46 Talbot St. W., Aylmer, ON N5H 1J7
A copy of all Operator job descriptions can be found at: http://www.aylmer.ca/index.php/HumanResources/EmploymentOpportunities
Committed to diversity and a barrier-free environment, the Town of Aylmer is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
Note: All necessary health precautions will be in place during the interview process. Required personal protective equipment will be supplied, social distancing protocols will be followed, and the area will be sanitized before/after each interview.