Manager, Water and Wastewater
Permanent Full-Time – 35 hours per week
Under the direction of the Director, Public Works, the Manager, Water and Wastewater is responsible for the management and implementation of the work and the achievement of the objectives for the Water and Wastewater Branch within the Public Works Department which includes compliance with legislation and Town policies and protection of public health and safety. This position is responsible for the following business units: Water Operations, Wastewater Operations and Water/Wastewater Maintenance Operations.
- Participates in the development of the Branch’s strategies, policies and directions through deliberations with the Director. Implements the business plans and objectives in a timely proactive manner that is results oriented and meets the goals of the Department.
- Leads and manages the staff of the Branch to meet performance standards for the delivery of programs and services by the Branch and is responsible for effective planning, allocation and management of all material, financial and human resources.
- Develops new strategies, policies, standard operating procedures, by-laws and long-term initiatives relative to the day to day operations, future requirements and administrative changes.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate staffing resources are in place for delivering the branch’s services effectively. Responsible for recruitment, performance management and development of Branch’s human resources.
- Ensures that all data, reports and permits required by legislation (e.g: the various Certificates of Approval, Environmental Compliance Approvals for the facilities, Quality Management Standard, etc.) are prepared and issued.
- Requires 3-year College Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent and possesses a CET designation.
- Level 2 Certificate for Water Treatment, Level 3 Water Supply and Distribution, and Level 3 License for Wastewater Treatment and Collection are preferred.
- Requires at least 5 to 7 years’ experience in Water and Wastewater field with at least 3 – 5 years in a supervisory position
- Must have a “G” level driver’s license in good standing.
- Must possess good judgment, problem-solving and interpersonal skills in dealing with problems relating to the day to day operations.
- Good organization skills and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
The successful candidate must have the ability to align with established goals and objectives and is able to create/follow plans and processes accordingly, to deliver task and goal completion to a high standard. The successful candidate will provide clear direction and open communication with employees and address employee issues promptly, objectively and respectfully. The Town of New Tecumseth values progressive ideas and actions; the successful candidate will have proven ability to embrace change, be resourceful and to seek new ideas and creativity to maximize effectiveness to provide high quality citizen-centred services to our community.
Salary: $95,075.78 – $118,835.52, plus full benefits and pension plan
Please apply by November 11th to:
We thank you for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information collected will be used solely for the purpose of candidate selection, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act
The Town of New Tecumseth is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.