The City of Orillia has an opening for a full-time position of Environmental Officer (Lab) in the Environment and Infrastructure Services Department.
•Maintain reporting requirements for WWTC and Pumping Station compliance, quality assurance and quality control procedures.
• Responsible for the inventory, including sourcing and purchasing of lab materials (chemicals and equipment).
• Responsible for the collection, preparation and submission of wastewater compliance sampling to outside laboratories.
• Research new equipment, methods and procedures.
•Maintain, calibrate and catalogue specifications for instruments and equipment.
• Assist Environment and Infrastructure Services staff with work tasks that involve additional staffing requirements (i.e.: confined space entry).
• Assist with the inspection and monitoring of commercial and industrial discharge to the sanitary sewer system, when required.
•By-law enforcement for Sewer Use Bylaw and Noise Bylaw.
• Emergency spills response.
•Prepare reports and attend court appearances pertaining to bylaw enforcement of Sewer Use and Noise Bylaws and emergency spills response.
• On-call and standby duties required (30 minute response for on-call/standby).
•Two year Technician diploma in a related field.
•Knowledge of secondary wastewater treatment processes an asset.
• Excellent communication, report writing, organization and public relation skills.
• Working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, e-mail and the internet.
• Possess a valid class ‘G’ Ontario driver’s licence with an acceptable driver abstract.
• An acceptable Criminal Record Check is required for this position at the incumbent’s expense prior to the employment commencement date.
Compensation for this position is $24.45 – $31.49 per hour, for a 40 hour work week, plus a comprehensive benefits package. Applications will be accepted until April 9, 2021 at noon.
Applications will only be accepted by applying online at https://careers.orillia.ca/
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.