The City of Orillia has an opening for a full-time position of Supervisor of Collection and Distribution in the Environment and Infrastructure Services Department.
- Assume the role of Overall Responsible Operator for the Collection and Distribution systems.
- Set and maintain operating procedures for systems as well as ensuring that all City policies and by-laws are followed.
- Ensure Compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP) and other legislative requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring all applicable conditions of MECP Environmental Compliance Approvals and Municipal Drinking Water Licence/Drinking Water Works Permits are being met, and responsible for all reporting requirements.
- Assist with the preparation and disbursement of the collection and distribution operating and capital budgets.
- Participate in the supervising and developing a daily work schedule, assign tasks, monitor staff performance through conducting annual performance evaluations, initiate disciplinary action of union staff and manage the rotation of staff.
- Monitor progress of projects; make field decisions as necessary while ensuring regulations are being met. Prepare estimates for customers as needed.
- Approve timesheets including overtime, sick leave and vacation schedules.
- Participate and contribute to the DWQMS activities such as auditing, risk assessment, Management Review, and others. Responsible for maintaining subsystem records and documentation in accordance with regulatory and DWQMS requirements.
- Attend training seminars and courses relating to collection and distribution subsystems as provided by the City and outside agencies.
- Liaise with MECP, MOL and other regulatory agencies to ensure compliance and discuss various issues.
- Management on-call requirement to ensure operator and subsystem compliance.
- Participate in departmental management functions including Joint Health and Safety and Labour Management Committee.
- Post-secondary education (degree or diploma) in a related field, such as Environmental Engineering or Environmental Technology.
- Operator Certificates and Licenses to facility classifications currently Water Distribution and Supply III and Wastewater Collection II.
- Minimum four years’ experience in a supervisory position.
- Current knowledge of all legislation relating to Collection and Distribution Subsystems.
- Strong public relations, supervisory, presentation, report writing skills as well as a budgeting and estimating background.
- Familiar with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, e-mail and the internet.
- Possess a valid class ‘G’ Ontario driver’s licence with an acceptable driver abstract.
- An acceptable Criminal Record Check is required for this position at the incumbent’s expense prior to the commencement date.
Compensation for this position is $78,835 to $108,509, plus a comprehensive benefits package. Applications will be accepted until September 25, 2020 at noon.
Please apply by through the City’s on-line portal at https://careers.orillia.ca/
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.