DEPARTMENT: Environmental Services Department
BRANCH: Operations, Maintenance and Monitoring Branch
Salary: $29.90 to $32.50 per hour
LOCATION: 380 Bayview Parkway, Newmarket
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS: As Required and Varied SCHEDULED SHIFTS: As Required and Varied
This is a Replacement Union position – CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Operations, Maintenance and Monitoring, and under the day-to-day work direction of the Senior Team Lead, performs operations and maintenance activities supporting the optimal operation of pumping stations, ground water systems, water/wastewater treatment plants, associated booster stations and the distribution system to meet Provincial Acts and Regulations and Regional standards.
• Performs operations and maintenance activities supporting the optimal operation of ground water systems, water treatment plants, associated booster stations and the distribution system; performs confined space entries (chambers) for the purpose of performing maintenance.
• Performs routine maintenance (related to CLAIR – Cleaning, Lubricating, Adjustment, Inspections and minor Repairs), at water treatment plants and associated pumping stations, and distribution system components.
• Performs daily checks and analysis on the operation of equipment and makes adjustments to process controls to optimize effluent quality and ensure compliance with applicable Provincial regulations.
• Participates in the design, installation, commission and handover of new equipment to ensure all equipment is installed correctly and functions efficiently as per relevant asset management standards.
• Provides daily guidance and supervision of tasks appropriate to the level of certification for operators and co-op students enrolled in education programs, on-going certification or as required.
• Maintains data logs and performs in-plant laboratory analysis including MOE regulatory compliance sampling and submission, in accordance with prescribed Certificates of Approval, Permits to take Water, water industry standards, policies and practices.
• Ensures that documentation logs are completed legibly and accurately.
• Participates on committees, task forces or work groups as assigned.
• Responds to inquiries, complaints and concerns in a timely and professional manner to assure optimal service.
• Participates in performance metrics planning activities as required.
• Rotates to various water/wastewater locations (or Areas) as assigned.
• Post-Secondary Diploma/Certificate in Environmental Sciences (2 or 3 years) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• MECP License for Wastewater Treatment and a License for Wastewater Collection, including experience as designated by Provincial Acts and Regulations and as it applies to Area 1, 5 or 6 Facilities.
• MECP License for Water Treatment and a License for Water Distribution and Supply, including experience as designated by Provincial Acts and Regulations and as it applies to East, Central, and West Water facilities. License levels to be determine based on business and regulatory needs at time of posting.
• Demonstrated field experience working directly in water/wastewater facilities with completion of training courses and certification(s) as designated by Provincial Acts and Regulations, and field experience and certification(s) Level to the legislated standard required at the assigned facility.
• Demonstrated experience in mechanical electrical equipment and pump maintenance procedures.
• A valid Class “G” drivers’ licence, clear of serious offences under the Highway Traffic Act.
Please apply online by September 16, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. As an alternative, you can apply via e-mail to email@example.com; fax to 905-895-4232; mail or walk-in to 17250 Yonge Street, Newmarket, Ontario, L3Y 6Z1. All job vacancies are recorded on a 24-Hour Career Line and may be accessed by calling 877-464-9675 ext. 75508. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.