ENWIN Utilities Ltd. is currently accepting applications for the position of:
Journeyperson or Apprentice Water Distribution Operator
Hourly Rate : $24.14 – $34.49
Hours of work for this position are: 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Reporting to the Supervisor, Water Distribution, the successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining and operating the water distribution system in accordance with the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP), and ENWIN requirements and interests. The duties include but are not limited to performing preventative maintenance and emergency repair activities on all appurtenances within the water distribution system; planning, initiating and tearing down traffic plans and devices in accordance with MTO, MOL, City of Windsor regulations and ENWIN policy; inspecting contractor work to ensure adherence to ENWIN standards; troubleshooting and responding to customer complaints; commissioning new infrastructure; hot tapping the distribution system for the addition of new services and pressure stations; finding leaks; troubleshooting and diagnosing water distribution network problems; changing water meters; and completing all required documentation.
The successful applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of a Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Water Distribution Subsystem Class 1 Certificate through MOECP is required to be fully qualified.
- Minimum 3 years of similar or related experience.
- Familiarity with Ontario Health and Safety Act and safe work practices.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to operate tools, equipment and vehicles.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, GIS, Laboratory Information Management Systems, water distribution sampling protocol and working with various mobile technologies.
- Valid Class “D” Ontario Driver’s Licence with a “Z” endorsement or the ability to obtain both within ninety (90) working days of appointment to the position.
The Water Distribution Operator position involves successful completion of an 8,000-hour apprenticeship program. The successful candidate will be expected to meet a minimum standard which includes successful attainment of the Water Distribution Subsystem Class 1 Certificate. Duties will become progressively greater with each phase of practical experience and training. Progression within the classification will depend on satisfactory performance on the job and successful completion of the Water Distribution Operator apprenticeship training objectives.
Qualified applicants may apply at https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/enwin/jobs up to and including Sunday September 12, 2021. Please quote file EWU-21-01-033. Although all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ENWIN believes there is significant value in the diversity within our workforce and we are committed to continually enhancing and improving diversity and inclusion throughout our organization. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for employment opportunities and believe that strength flows from our individual differences and enables us to effectively serve our community.
ENWIN Utilities Ltd. provides accommodation in accordance with applicable laws through all stages of the hiring process. If you require accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please advise the Human Resources Department.