THE CORPORATION OF THE COUNTY OF PRINCE EDWARD
WATER WASTEWATER SERVICES DEPARTMENT
WASTEWATER SERVICES SUPERVISOR
FILE #: 2021-46
Do you have leadership experience? Are you a detail-oriented individual with an aptitude for highly technical driven work? The County is looking to fill the position of Wastewater Supervisor. The County is looking to fill one of our supervisory roles within our Water & Wastewater Services Department.
Reporting to the Director of Water & Wastewater Services, the Wastewater Services Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of all wastewater treatment facilities and collection systems within The County of Prince Edward ensuring both quantity and quality service in meeting all County and Provincial policies and regulations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Completed post-secondary diploma and degree in Environmental Science or equivalent combination of relevant education and related experience.
• Ontario Ministry of the Environment Certificates of Competency in the following:
Class III Water Treatment Class II Water Distribution
Class II Wastewater Treatment Class II Wastewater Collection
• 3-5 years progressive and relevant work experience in a supervisory role in Water/Wastewater Facility’s and related systems operations and maintenance.
• Supervisory experience in a unionized environment preferred.
• Experience managing assets and equipment utilizing a computerized maintenance management system.
• Experience managing, updating, and maintaining distribution and collection operating systems utilizing SCADA, GIS related mapping, and remote monitoring equipment.
• Capable of identifying problems and troubleshooting with the ability to make clear judgements and sound decisions.
• Ability to keep clear and detailed records both electronically and written to support compliance requirements.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills with the ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, and good judgment at all times.
• Strong leadership and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, SCADA systems, and other related operating database applications.
• Valid class ‘G’ driver’s licence and driver’s abstract.
The current annual salary range for this position is $75,978 to $92,317 as per Band 5 of the Non-Union By-Law. Compensation also includes a competitive benefit package and membership in OMERS. Please submit your application prior to 4:00pm on May 21, 2021 to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1044.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.