Under the direction of the Supervisor of Water Services and the Manager of Environmental Services, the Water Systems Analyst will be responsible for managing the collection and analysis of all data associated with the Leamington water distribution system. This includes infrastructure management, billing integration and customer service demands. The Water Systems Analyst will manage the hydraulic water modelling requirements for the Municipality which includes modelling design, maintenance and system capacity allocation analysis. This position will be responsible for all system software and hardware requirements related to advanced metering infrastructure for billing, analysis, and modelling purposes.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a water distribution system database for the Municipality, including all residential, commercial, institutional and industrial system users.
- Responsible for the day-to-day monitoring and analysis of system usage, including identification of usage trends.
- Responsible for identifying, understanding and monitoring peak demand of the water distribution system.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing demand management strategies to reduce peak system demand.
- Responsible for day-to-day utilization of the data management system interface for customer service requirements.
- Provide support to the Municipality’s utility billing positions with billing reads and customer inquiries.
- Responsible for the hydraulic water model as municipal infrastructure is modified and/or installed with new construction.
- Responsible for ongoing hydraulic water modelling using AMI data to assess system performance, identify system capacities and investigate system deficiencies.
- Review, evaluate and approve system growth applications and associated construction feasibility based on model outputs.
- Communicate system demand and modelling concerns to the Supervisor for discussion and/or resolution.
- Support investigations of low/high pressure complaints, meter and billing issues, leaks and other similar events.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, contractors, and other municipal staff.
- Comply with applicable federal, provincial and municipal regulations, policies and procedures as well as regulations of the Ministry of the Environment, and others, as required.
- Participate in training as prescribed.
- Complete and maintain all daily legislative and non-legislative records as they pertain to the water distribution system and Health and Safety.
- Comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, applicable regulations, as well as the Municipality’s Health and Safety Program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must hold a university degree in information technology, business administration, engineering or environmental science, or equivalent education and/or experience in a related discipline.
- Must have experience in statistical data management and analysis.
- Must be familiar with advanced metering infrastructure and data management systems.
- Must be a highly motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Must have experience demonstrating strong organization, communication and technical writing skills.
- Must have experience with water distribution system hydraulic modelling, including model-build, calibration, verification and evaluation.
- Must have knowledge of water system modelling software (i.e. WaterCad, InfoWater, etc.).
- Must be proficient in the use of computer applications in a Windows environment.
- Must have a valid Ontario Class ‘G’ driver’s licence.
- Knowledge of software programming and programming capability is considered an asset.
- Experience reading and working with engineering drawings is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with water distribution operations and legislative requirements as they pertain to a Drinking Water System, including Drinking Water Quality Management Systems is considered an asset.
Hours of Work:40 hours per week. Lieu time is capped at 40 hours annually. Some travel is required.
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-union.
Salary Rate: $3,263.68 to $3,686.55 bi-weekly (2021 Rates). A comprehensive benefits package included.
Closing Date:Applications must be received by 11:59 PM, Sunday, July 25, 2021.
How to Apply: Interested candidates must apply online, at our website, www.leamington.ca/careers
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Selected applicants will be subject to an interview process and skills testing to determine eligibility.
We are pleased to accommodate any individual needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation throughout the hiring process, please contact Human Resources 519-326-5761 ext. 1112 to make your needs known in advance.