InnServices Utilities Inc. is a progressive organization delivering water and wastewater services to Innisfil and other municipalities. You will work as a member of a cross-functional and collaborative organization and operate within a ‘One Town, One Team’ philosophy with affiliated organizations.
As the Utilities Operations Supervisor – Water, you will provide leadership and oversight on the operation of water systems including the areas of construction, maintenance, service, dispatching, health & safety and project coordination and will also be responsible for:
- Supervising operational staff, directing work and enforcing safety and compliance
- Ensuring compliance with legislation, regulations, and InnServices policies when staff are executing projects and tasks
- Supporting staff and working collaboratively with contractors, and other ‘One Town, One Team’ members on maintenance activities and capital projects
- Implementing mobile workforce technologies and assisting with the implementation of new or innovative technologies
- Assisting in the preparation of capital and operating budgets and with cost estimates
- Assuming the Overall Responsible Operator (ORO) accountabilities for water on a rotational basis as scheduled
We are seeking a dedicated and driven leader who thrives in a collaborative environment, and has holds:
- Post-secondary education in Environmental or Civil Engineering, Water or Environmental Studies or related field
- Possesses and/or eligible for a professional designation (i.e. EP, CET, C-Tech. or related)
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in a utilities services water treatment and distribution infrastructure environment, with a minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Must possess valid Class III Treatment Water Operator Certification and valid Class III Distribution and Supply Water Operator Certification in accordance with applicable M.E.C.P. requirements, legislation and regulations, and working towards obtainment of Class IV Water Treatment and Class IV Water Distribution and Supply Certifications
- Availability to respond to major emergencies and occasional evening and weekend work as required
- A Valid Class G driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle to use for corporate business is required, as is the ability to attend evening and weekend meetings or other events as required
Closing date is July 4, 2021.
To apply to this position, submit your application online though our applicant tracking system at employment.innisfil.ca. In the event you require an alternate method of submitting your application, please contact the InnServices People & Talent team by calling 705-436-3710.
InnServices Utilities Inc. is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplaces. We are passionate about attracting and retaining individuals who represent the diversity in our own community and beyond, as we work together to best serve our residents. We inspire one another in an inclusive environment where all individuals belong and are valued, respected and uplifted.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information will be used to determine eligibility for potential employment and is pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Accommodations for persons with disabilities will be provided, on request, to support candidate participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, please contact People & Talent