Supervisor of Wastewater Systems
Salary: $96,720 – $115,502 (40 hour work week)
Plus a comprehensive benefit package and OMERS pension plan
The Supervisor of Wastewater Systems is responsible for managing the efficient, safe, and compliant operation of the City’s Water Pollution Control Centre (WPCC) and associated Wastewater Collection System. This position ensures the system is operating in compliance with applicable legislation and is the liaison with applicable Ministry officials as required.
Essential (Minimum) Qualifications:
- Two (2) year post-secondary diploma in Civil Engineering or environmental services field or related field of study or a combination of equivalent experience and education may be considered.
- Five (5) years’ supervisory experience within a unionized environment in a comparable wastewater system.
- Valid province of Ontario Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks (MOECP) Class IV Wastewater Treatment Certificate and a Class III Wastewater Collection Licenses.
- Experience developing, managing, monitoring, and analyzing budgets.
- Experience with contract management including overseeing and scheduling contractors.
- Demonstrated experience with staff supervision and strong leadership skills in a unionized work environment.
- Thorough knowledge of all applicable legislation as it relates to a Class IV wastewater Treatment and Class III Wastewater Collection systems.
- Thorough working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and safe work practices.
- Valid “G” class driver’s license in the Province of Ontario.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent customer service skills.
- Familiarity with various other fields related to wastewater systems that include mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, PLC, and SCADA control systems.
- Familiarity with wastewater requirements such as chemical analysis, chemical dosing, basic laboratory skills and requirements, monitoring equipment operations and maintenance. Demonstrated ability to examine and reorganize operations and procedures, formulate policy, develop, and implement new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to remain current with legislation, industry standards and best practices as well as demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning.
- Advanced computer proficiency including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and database software, GIS and work order/work management systems.
A complete job description is available by clicking here: Job Description
The personal information submitted is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act and is protected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only. The municipality is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code and the Integrated Accessibility Standard Regulation. For applicants with a disability, accommodations are available upon request in the recruitment process should you be selected to participate.
Interested and qualified applicants must submit a cover letter and resume marked “Supervisor, Wastewater Systems” to the following on/before Friday, January 8, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.:
Human Resources Department
City of Brockville
P.O. Box 5000
1 King Street West
Brockville, Ontario K6V 7A5
The City of Brockville wishes to thank all applicants and advises that only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.