Permanent, full-time opportunity with Hamilton Water in Hamilton, ON
Preferably a Supply Chain Management Professional, with a history of success in continuous improvement and performance management as a supervisor, you’re well equipped and welcome the opportunity to play a leadership role in inventory and fleet management at the City of Hamilton.
Reporting to the Superintendent of Inventory & Fleet Management, you’ll provide effective leadership and direction to Hamilton Water staff and workforce, primarily for the delivery of inventory services, along with fleet management within the Hamilton Water Division. As Supervisor, you’ll be accountable for ensuring that inventory and fleet services are provided in the most effective and efficient manner and in accordance with City and Provincial guidelines, as well as the City of Hamilton’s mission and vision, while ensuring minimal disruption to staff, clients, vendors, contractors and the public.
Leading by example, you’ll implement strategies to improve effectiveness and efficiency by setting above-average standards, as well as promote an internal and external customer service-oriented culture and focus for all staff within the Division. A best practices leader, you’ll scan the industry to ensure that the most up-to-date methods of inventory control are considered and implement changes to improve service delivery. Your complex decision-making skills, sound judgement, ingenuity, independent thinking and team-building skills will support you in maximizing of effectiveness of operations.
Your qualifications as Supervisor, Inventory & Fleet Management, include:
- Post-secondary education, preferred.
- A Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or other relevant designation, preferred.
- A demonstrated record of leadership, customer focus, innovation, team advocacy, and staff development.
- Significant experience with materials and inventory management, preferably in the water and wastewater industry.
- Progressive supervisory experience, with the ability to demonstrate a continuous improvement and performance management history.
- A high degree of integrity, and self-motivation to investigate, analyse, evaluate and correct inaccuracies or errors in your charge.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Computer literacy and proficiency utilizing Microsoft products (Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Experience with inventory and asset management software (INFOR, CMMS, SAP, or MRP).
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and the public in both verbal and written form.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s Licence, Class “G” in good standing.
- Knowledge of the Safe Drinking Water Act, and City of Hamilton bylaws and policies.
- Knowledge of HWIN (Hazardous Waste Information Network) and the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Act.
- Knowledge of the Department’s AVL management software (Connect Anywhere) and workforce management software (Kronos).
This CUPE Local 1041 permanent, full-time position offers a wage range of $44.498 to $49.442 per hour (based on a 40-hour work week schedule).
About the City of Hamilton
Contribute to the City of Hamilton, one of Canada’s largest cities – home to a diverse and strong economy, an active and inclusive community, a robust cultural and dining scene, hundreds of kilometres of hiking trails and natural beauty just minutes from the downtown core, and so much more. Join our diverse team of talented and ambitious staff who embody our values of sensational service, courageous change, steadfast integrity, collective ownership and being engaged, empowered employees. Help us #BeTheReason the entire country is talking about Hamilton, and achieve our vision of being the best place to raise a child and age successfully.
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on this position as Supervisor, Inventory & Fleet Management, JOB ID #16582, and to apply online, by Wednesday, October 7 2020.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.