DEPARTMENT: Environmental Services Department
BRANCH:Operations, Maintenance and Monitoring Branch
Salary: $25.98 to $42.93 per hour
LOCATION: 380 Bayview Parkway, Newmarket
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS: As Required and Varied
SCHEDULED SHIFTS: As Required and Varied
This is a Replacement Union position – CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Operations, Maintenance and Monitoring, and under the day-to-day work direction of the Senior Team Lead, performs operations and maintenance activities supporting the optimal operation of wastewater treatment plants and associated pumping stations, ground water systems, water treatment plants, associated booster stations and the transmission system to meet Provincial Acts and Regulations and Regional standards.
- Performs operations and maintenance activities supporting the optimal operation of wastewater treatment plants and associated pumping stations, and the optimal operation of ground water systems, water treatment plants, associated booster stations and the transmission system; enters sewers, wet wells and treatment tanks or chambers for the purpose of performing maintenance.
- Performs routine maintenance (related to CLAIR – Cleaning, Lubricating, Adjustment, Inspections and minor Repairs), at water treatment plants and associated pumping stations, and transmission system components.
- Performs daily checks and analysis on the operation of equipment and makes adjustments to process controls to optimize effluent quality and ensure compliance with applicable Provincial regulations.
- Performs “stake-out/locates” for all water mains, collection systems, treatment plants and assists the Senior Team Lead in preparing inspection reports on the condition of linear and discrete assets.
- Participates in the design, installation, commission and handover of new equipment to ensure all equipment is installed correctly and functions efficiently as per relevant asset management standards.
- Provides daily guidance and supervision of tasks appropriate to the level of certification for operators and co-op students enrolled in education programs, on-going certification or as required.
- Maintains data logs and performs in-plant laboratory analysis including MOE regulatory compliance sampling and submission, in accordance with prescribed Certificates of Approval, Permits to take Water, water and waste water industry standards, policies and practices.
- Participates on committees, task forces or work groups as assigned.
- Participates in performance metrics planning activities as required.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Certificate in Environmental Sciences (2 or 3 years) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MECP License for Wastewater Treatment and a License for Wastewater Collection, including experience as designated by Provincial Acts and Regulations and as it applies to Area 1, 5 or 6 Facilities. License levels to be determine based on business and regulatory needs at time of posting
- MECP License for Water Treatment and a License for Water Distribution and Supply, including experience as designated by Provincial Acts and Regulations and as it applies to Central, West, East, Linear and Area 1, 5 and 6 facilities. License levels to be determine based on business and regulatory needs at time of posting
- Demonstrated field experience working directly in water/wastewater facilities with completion of training courses and certification(s) as designated by Provincial Acts and Regulations, and field experience and certification(s) Level to the legislated standard required at the assigned facility.
- Demonstrated experience in mechanical electrical equipment and pump maintenance procedures.
- A valid Class “G” drivers’ licence, clear of serious offences under the Highway Traffic Act.
- Demonstrated knowledge of system hydraulics.
- Knowledge of the OH&S Act and relevant Provincial Acts and Regulations.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
Please apply online by February 24, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. As an alternative, you can apply via e-mail to email@example.com
All job vacancies are recorded on a 24-Hour Career Line and may be accessed by calling 1-877-464-9675 ext. 75508.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.