Job Posting #20-01-034
Journeyperson or Apprentice Maintenance Operator – Electrician
(Max. $41.78/hr – Fully Qualified)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Water Production, the successful applicant for this position will be responsible for the operation, installation and maintenance of all equipment at the water treatment plant and all associated facilities. This position will perform required lab analysis including associated process documentation, packaging of samples for analysis, maintenance tasks, calibrations and troubleshooting of malfunctioning equipment/processes; delivery and transfer of materials/chemicals to ensure ample supply for production; documentation of process changes, alarms and maintenance work orders.
The hours of work for this position are 7:30 am – 3:30 pm. Please note: This work is performed on a 24 hour a day – 7 days a week basis and will require shift work based on a 12 hour schedule once you are qualified to do so.
The successful applicant must possess the following qualifications:
• Must be a certified Journeyperson Electrician as per the Apprenticeship and Certification Act.
• Applicants must attain an Operator-In-Training Certification from the Ontario Water and Wastewater Operator Certification Program within six (6) months of starting in the position. (Consideration for advanced standing in the apprenticeship program will be given to candidates with a current, valid Drinking Water Treatment Operator’s License and/or experience).
• Minimum three (3) years of similar or related experience.
• Strong computer knowledge (SCADA preferred, ERP, Microsoft Excel and Word, Internet Search Engines).
• Successful completion of Confined Space and Hoisting and Rigging preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Calibration and Instrumentation.
• Ability to read and mark up (revise and update) engineering prints.
• Familiar with Laboratory Testing an asset.
• Effective and concise verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Familiarity with Ontario Health and Safety Act and safe work practices.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
The Apprenticeship for the Apprentice Maintenance Operator – Electrician involves successful completion of an apprenticeship meeting all requirements of a four level program. The successful candidate will be expected to meet this minimum standard which includes successful attainment of the Ministry of the Environment Water Treatment Class 4 Certificate. Duties will become progressively greater with each phase of practical experience and training. Progression within the classification will depend on satisfactory performance on the job and successful completion of the Maintenance Operator – Electrical Apprenticeship.
Qualified applicants may submit their resume to: Human Resources Department, 787 Ouellette Avenue, Windsor, Ontario, N9A 5T7 or email firstname.lastname@example.org up to and including Tuesday December 29th, 2020. Please quote file EWU-20-01-034. Resumes submitted electronically will only be accepted in MS Word or PDF Format. Although all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ENWIN believes there is significant value in the diversity within our workforce and we are committed continually enhancing and improving diversity and inclusion throughout our organization. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for employment opportunities and believe that strength flows from our individual differences and enables us to effectively serve our community.
ENWIN Utilities Ltd. provides accommodation in accordance with applicable laws through all stages of the hiring process. If you require accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please advise the Human Resources Department.