Chief Operator – Water Systems
Full Time (40 hour work week)
Salary: $73,154 – $87,339 (2020)
Plus a comprehensive benefit package and OMERS pension plan
Applications are invited from qualified and interested candidates for the above-noted non-union position at the Water Treatment Plant and Distribution System in the Engineering & Infrastructure Department.
Reporting to the Supervisor, the Chief Operator is responsible for providing technical proficiency with the operation and maintenance of the Water Treatment Plant and distribution system. Must have a good working knowledge of computer software applications that are utilized to operate, maintain and report. The incumbent will have a team leadership role, develop work duties for employees and assume the duties of the Supervisor in his absence. This position is the Overall Responsible Operator (ORO) and must be available for after-hours calls.
Essential (Minimum) Qualifications:
• Two (2) year post-secondary diploma in Civil Engineering or environmental services field or related field of study. Equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
• Five (5) years’ experience in Water Treatment Plant Operations and Water Distribution, including three (3) years of supervisory or lead hand experience.
• Valid Ontario Class III Water Treatment and Water Distribution Licenses are required, or ability to obtain the Class III licenses within twelve (12) months of hire.
• Thorough knowledge of all of the applicable legislation as it relates to a Class III Water Treatment and Distribution/Supply Subsystems.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, superior interpersonal skills and the ability to manage and motivate staff using effective team building skills.
• Strong knowledge of computers and software applications (Microsoft Office Suite).
• Comprehensive knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Capable of safely lifting 50 pounds.
• Valid Class G Driver’s License.
The personal information submitted is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act and is protected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only. The municipality is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code and the Integrated Accessibility Standard Regulation. For applicants with a disability, accommodations are available upon request in the recruitment process should you be selected to participate.
Interested and qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and resume marked “Chief Operator – Water Systems” on/before 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 16, 2021 to the following:
Human Resources Department
City of Brockville
P.O. Box 5000
1 King Street West
Brockville, Ontario K6V 7A5
The City of Brockville wishes to thank all applicants and advises that only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.