ENWIN Utilities Ltd., is currently accepting applications for the position of: Apprentice Maintenance Operator – Industrial Mechanic
Reporting to the Supervisor Water Production, the successful applicant for this position will be responsible for the operation, installation, and maintenance of all equipment at the water treatment plant and all associated facilities. This position will perform required lab analysis including associated process documentation; packaging of samples for analysis; maintenance tasks; calibrations and troubleshooting of malfunctioning equipment/processes; delivery and transfer of materials/chemicals to ensure ample supply for production; documentation of process changes, alarms, and Maintenance Work Orders.
The hours of work for this position are 7:30am – 3:30pm. Please note: This work is performed on a 24-hour a day – 7 days a week basis and will require shift work based on a 12-hour schedule once you are qualified to do so.
The successful applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Must be a certified Journeyperson Industrial Maintenance Mechanic as per the Apprenticeship and Certification Act.
- Applicants must attain Operator-In-Training Certification from the Ontario Water and Wastewater Certification Office (OWWCO) within six (6) months of transfer into the position.
- Minimum three (3) years of similar or related experience.
- Strong Computer knowledge (SCADA preferred, ERP, Microsoft Excel and Word, Internet Search Engines).
- Successful completion of Confined Space and Hoisting and Rigging preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Calibration and Instrumentation.
- Ability to read and mark up (revise and update) engineering prints.
- Familiar with Laboratory Testing an asset.
- Effective and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with Ontario Health and Safety Act and safe work practices.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills.
The Apprenticeship for the Apprentice Maintenance Operator – Industrial Mechanic position involves successful completion of an apprenticeship, meeting all requirements of a four-level program. The successful candidate will be expected to meet a minimum standard which includes successful attainment of the Ministry of the Environment Water Treatment Class 4 Certificate. Duties will become progressively greater with each phase of practical experience and training. Progression within the classification will depend on satisfactory performance on the job and successful completion of the Maintenance Operator – Mechanical Apprenticeship.
Qualified applicants may submit their resume to: Human Resources Department, 4545 Rhodes Drive, Windsor, Ontario, N8W 5T1 or by email to email@example.com up to and including Friday, July 16, 2021. Please quote file EWU-21-01-032 on application. Resumes submitted electronically will only be accepted in MS Word or PDF Format. Although all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ENWIN believes there is significant value in the diversity within our workforce and we are committed continually enhancing and improving diversity and inclusion throughout our organization. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for employment opportunities and believe that strength flows from our individual differences and enables us to effectively serve our community.
ENWIN Utilities Ltd. provides accommodation in accordance with applicable laws through all stages of the hiring process. If you require accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please advise the Human Resources Department.